Life Cycle Workshop
We kindly like to invite you to the Life Cycle Workshop 2019 taking place on 26 June in Reutlingen!
The one-day workshop is the kick-off for the iPoint event fw:transparency. The aim of the event is to enhance business transparency with regard to sustainability and compliance. Therefore, the main topic of the Life Cycle Workshop will be "Transparency requires a life cycle perspective".
The following topics will be addressed on June 26th:
- Taking a life cycle perspective to improve environmental performance
- CO2 balances and measures to reduce emissions
- Life Cycle Assessments for assessing and reducing environmental impacts
- Circular Economy and Circular Business Models
Secure your seat
Register now to secure one of the limited workshop at the price of 299 € plus VAT. Decide flexibly whether you only want to participate in the Life Cycle Workshop or stay another day for the fw:transparency "Gain Insights". Of course you shouldn't miss the networking event in the evening!
- Day 1 (26 June): Life Cycle Workshop
- From 17.15 h: Networking at the evening event
- Day 2 (June 27) optional: "Gain Insights" with best practices for more transparency in the areas of supply chain, operations, products and processes (free of charge).
The registration deadline ended on 14 June 2019. Unfortunately, registration is no longer possible at this time. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
Check out the program
Don’t miss the interesting presentations. Due to the high international interest in the topic, the workshop will be held in English.
- Introduction: Product and process transparency hand in hand | Martina Prox, ifu Hamburg
- Taking a life cycle perspective according to ISO 14001 - Strategic and operational challenges in practice | Mladen Boskic, Doppelmayr Seilbahnen | ► Read abstract
- Does an LCA reveal green lies? Experiences from different case studies | Marten Stock, ifu Hamburg
- Comparative LCA for reusable and one-way packaging in automotive supply chains | Timo Galitz, CHEP Automotive and Industrial Solutions | ► Read abstract
- Life Cycle Assessment & Life Cycle Costing as enabler for Circular Economy Strategies | Elena Wege, Robert Bosch | ► Read abstract
- Electric mobility - The sustainable solution? | Dr.-Ing. Kirsten Biemann, ifeu - Institut für Energie- und Umweltforschung Heidelberg
- Sustainability in the aerospace sector - Insights in the Airbus LCA project | Vincent Ackenhausen, Altran Deutschland
- World Café „Transparency requires a life cycle perspective“
* Digitalization: LCA & Blockchain
Ivo Mersiowsky, Quiridium & Jan Hedemann, ifu Hamburg
* Transparency challenges with focus on ISO 14001
Mladen Boskic, Doppelmayr & Simon Schnabel, ifu Hamburg
* Good practices - Transparency through LCA
Jessica Andreasson, Volvo & Martina Prox, ifu Hamburg
* Linking Resource efficiency and LCA
Moderation: Julia Schindler, INEC & Patrick Lenard, ifu Hamburg
* Transparency of Life Cycle Inventory data
Kirsten Biemann, ifeu & Marten Stock, ifu Hamburg
* Umberto Experience Exchange
Vincent Ackenhausen, Altran & Johann Peters, ifu Hamburg
- How Digitalization will improve access and use of life cycle information | Jan Hedemann, ifu Hamburg
- Panel discussion “Role of a life cycle perspective for a sustainable Circular Economy” | Moderation: Martina Prox, ifu Hamburg
Jessica Andreasson, Volvo Cars
Andreas Kröhling, Deutsche Telekom
Dr. Katrin Ostertag, Fraunhofer Institute for Systems and Innovation Research
► View details
Afterwards: Networking at the Evening Event with music, drinks, and finger food on the terrace with a beautiful view over the city of Reutlingen
Review Life Cycle Workshop 2017
The Life Cycle Workshop 2017 took place on September 21st in Hamburg under the motto ‘’Opening doors together & setting course for a more sustainable economy’’.
During the last Life Cycle Workshop, 60 participants from different branches out of industry, consulting, research and development created a stimulating exchange and discussion about topics related to sustainability.
All approved presentations from 2017 are available for download (sorry only in German).