Life Cycle Workshop
On 26 June 2019, more than 50 participants from various lines of business gathered at the Stadthalle Reutlingen to discuss topics surrounding the life cycle perspective.
In accordance with the main theme of the Life Cycle Workshop, "Transparency requires a life cycle perspective", the following topics were covered in the interactive workshop program:
- Taking a life cycle perspective according to ISO 14001 to improve environmental performance
- Sustainability in the field of electromobility and aviation
- Life Cycle Assessments for assessing and reducing environmental impacts
- Circular Economy and Circular Business Models
Are you interested in the contents of the workshop? The presentations of the speakers are now available for download in pdf format.
Video footage of the presentations
You are interested in the topics of the Life Cycle Workshop, but could not participate in the event yourself? In this case we have good news for you: A large part of the program was filmed professionally this year.
You can now watch the video recordings of the lectures free of charge. This way you won't miss any important information or entertaining anecdotes that might have slipped by just reading the presentations.
Secure your space now: Life Cycle Workshop 2021
The next Life Cycle Workshop will take place in 2021. If you already know that you would like to attend the event (again), please send us an e-mail. This will guarantee that you will receive an exclusive invitation to the event in good time.
Summary of the day
We have summarized an overview of the most interesting insights of the Life Cycle Workshop 2019 and an excerpt of the most important points and findings of the presentations in a short article for you.
If you are interested, you can download it here: ► Read article
Review Life Cycle Workshop 2017
The Life Cycle Workshop 2017 took place on September 21st in Hamburg under the motto ‘’Opening doors together & setting course for a more sustainable economy’’.
During the last Life Cycle Workshop, 60 participants from industry, consulting, research and development exchanged ideas on sustainability topics.
All approved presentations from 2017 are available for download. Please note that the presentations are available in German only.
The workshop program 2019
This year' s program consisted of many exciting presentations revolving around the life cycle perspective. Due to the high international interest in the topic, the workshop was held in English.
- Introduction: Product and process transparency hand in hand | Martina Prox, ifu Hamburg
- Taking a life cycle perspective according to ISO 14001 - Strategic and operational challenges in practice | Mladen Boskic, Doppelmayr Seilbahnen
- Does an LCA reveal green lies? Experiences from different case studies | Marten Stock, ifu Hamburg
- Comparative LCA for reusable and one-way packaging in automotive supply chains | Timo Galitz, CHEP Automotive and Industrial Solutions
- Life Cycle Assessment & Life Cycle Costing as enabler for Circular Economy Strategies | Elena Wege, Robert Bosch
- Electric mobility - The sustainable solution? | Dr.-Ing. Kirsten Biemann, ifeu - Institut für Energie- und Umweltforschung Heidelberg
- Sustainability in the aerospace sector - Insights in the Airbus LCA project | Vincent Ackenhausen, Altran Deutschland
- World Café „Transparency requires a life cycle perspective“
* Digitalization: LCA & Blockchain
Ivo Mersiowsky, Quiridium & Jan Hedemann, ifu Hamburg
* Transparency challenges with focus on ISO 14001
Mladen Boskic, Doppelmayr & Simon Schnabel, ifu Hamburg
* Good practices - Transparency through LCA
Jessica Andreasson, Volvo & Martina Prox, ifu Hamburg
* Linking Resource efficiency and LCA
Moderation: Julia Schindler, INEC & Patrick Lenard, ifu Hamburg
* Transparency of Life Cycle Inventory data
Kirsten Biemann, ifeu & Marten Stock, ifu Hamburg
* Umberto Experience Exchange
Vincent Ackenhausen, Altran & Johann Peters, ifu Hamburg
- How Digitalization will improve access and use of life cycle information | Jan Hedemann, ifu Hamburg
- Panel discussion “Role of a life cycle perspective for a sustainable Circular Economy” | Moderation: Martina Prox, ifu Hamburg
Jessica Andreasson, Volvo Cars
Andreas Kröhling, Deutsche Telekom
Dr. Katrin Ostertag, Fraunhofer Institute for Systems and Innovation Research