LCA Software for Life Cycle Assessment
Umberto LCA+ is one of the leading LCA software solutions and is recommended by experts from industry, consulting, research & education.
Analyzing the environmental impact and carbon footprint of products poses a major challenge. Our Software supports you step by step and offers the following advantages for you and your company:
Keep the overview of your life cycle assessments with graphical modeling and comprehensive reporting of results.
Compliant and Reliable
Rely on the analyses with Umberto, thanks to integration of the most common LCA methods and databases.
Profound Basis for Decision-Making
Make the right decisions for your business and identify relevant hotspots of improvement through scenario analysis and integrated cost accounting.
Create eco-efficient products by combining resource efficiency and environmental performance optimization.
Become a sustainability expert now
Features of Umberto LCA+
Graphical modeling of all product life cycles
Visualize your production system and other phases of the life cycle transparently with a material flow model and benefit from:
- Intuitive user interface
- Transparent illustration of process chains through clear graphic elements
- Successive development of your production system
- Hierarchical modelling through subnets
➠ Graphic modelling enables the development of a holistic understanding of processes.
Live Link to Microsoft Excel to import data
The first step to a successful LCA is the integration of existing data. Our tool offers an interface to Microsoft Excel.
- Linking Excel cell values to Umberto models
- Automatic update when cell values are changed
- Easy adaptation of relevant parameters
- Individual interface connection with SAP or other systems
A factor for success: integrated LCA databases
Data research can be very time-consuming. Save time and costs by using an integrated LCA database. The following databases are available in our software:
- ecoinvent: this database contains over 13'300 data sets from various industries and areas. Provider is the non-profit organization ecoinvent Association from Switzerland.
- cm.chemicals: cm.chemicals is an LCA database developed specifically for chemicals and plastics and contains 1000 chemicals from up to 190 regions. Provider is CarbonMinds from Cologne, Germany.
Screening LCA for the identification of hot spots of improvement
A Screening LCA reduces the effort and complexity in data collection to achieve a first overview of the environmental impact.
- Examination of main materials of the products using ecological rucksack data
- Consideration of the "ecological rucksack" from upstream and downstream chains with global average values
➠ Identification of hot spots enables further improvement.
Environmental Assessments with integrated cost accounting
Analyze what effect the improvement of the LCA has on the cost of the product.
- Eco-efficiency by evaluating costs and environmental impacts in one model
- Enables combination of Life Cycle Assessment and Life Cycle Costing
- Traditional cost accounting and Material Flow Cost accounting available
- Assessment of resource efficiency to reduce environmental impacts at the plant site
➠ Thus, a sustainable product becomes also cost effective.
Visualization of life cycle system model
Present the results of your life cycle assessment through convincing Sankey diagrams:
- Visualization of resources, life cycle costing and environmental impact
- Appealing presentation of influencing variables and correlations
- Transparency of environmental impacts for all parties involved
➠ Sankey diagrams are an excellent decision-making basis for improving environmental performance.
More information about Umberto LCA+
Life Cycle Workshop
At our Life Cycle Workshop, our LCA experts as well as users from different industries report on their experience with our software Umberto.
Watch the exciting recordings and download the informative presentations now.
Trusted by companies of any size, in every industry
Get in touch