LCA Software for Life Cycle Assessment
Umberto is one of the leading LCA software solutions for professionals and is recommended by user experts from industry, consulting, research & education.
Analyzing the environmental impact and carbon footprint of products poses a major challenge. Our solution supports you step by step and offers the following advantages for you and your company:
Get a clear overview of the entire product lifecycle with the help of graphical modeling and comprehensive reporting on your life cycle assessments.
Fast and Reliable results
Get your LCA results faster than ever thanks to the fast calculation performance. The integration of the most common LCA methods and databases allow reliable analyses of environmental impacts.
Profound Basis for Decision-Making
Identify relevant environmental hotspots and use scenario analysis to calculate exactly how effective your improvement measures will be before investing. Make the right decisions to make your company and its product more sustainable.
Eco-Efficiency by Saving Resources and Costs
Benefit from the integrated cost accounting to create eco-efficient products. Combine environmental performance optimization and resource efficiency on your way to real product sustainability.
Why Companies US the LCA Software Solutions Umberto
In today's sustainability-driven landscape, companies rely on LCA software solutions Umberto for a multitude of reasons:
🌍 Accurate Assessments: Umberto helps companies analyze energy, emissions, resources, and waste throughout their product life cycle, ensuring accurate environmental assessments.
📊 Data-Driven Decisions: Umberto enables quick and easy integration of company-specific primary data and provides access to comprehensive LCI databases, empowering companies to make informed decisions based on reliable and relevant information.
📜 Sustainability Reporting: Umberto helps companies adhere to sustainability regulations and standards, aligning practices with industry guidelines to demonstrate commitment to environmental responsibility.
🌱 Optimize Sustainability: Umberto supports companies identify environmental hotspots and improve sustainability performance. Through scenario analyses, businesses can assess the impacts of different choices and optimize their environmental practices.
🤝 Engage Stakeholders: Umberto facilitates effective communication by generating comprehensive reports and visualizations. Showcase environmental performance to customers, investors, and regulatory bodies, fostering engagement and transparency.
⚙️ Streamline Workflows: Umberto enhances the LCA process, saving time and resources. With user-friendly interfaces, automated calculations, and integration capabilities, companies can improve overall efficiency.
Embrace the power of Umberto and unlock environmental insights to drive sustainable success in your company! 🌱
Why use Umberto?
Watch the video to see how Umberto helps you to calculate environmental impacts faster than ever.
Features of Umberto
Easy-to-use Software with High Performance
• Benefit from an easy-to-use and intuitive user interface
• Get a holistic understanding of processes and product life cycle through graphic modelling
• Calculate even large and complex models faster than ever
Generic Models for Calculation of Product Portfolios
• Use your existing bills of materials (BOMs) and production orders of products for the calculation
• Reduce effort and ease comparability by calculating different products within one model
• Lay the foundation for scalability and LCA automation
Easy Import and Update of Data
• Import or link data from Microsoft Excel to automatically update changes in Umberto
• Import bills of materials and production orders and flexibly adapt entries if needed
• Save time and costs using the intregrated LCA databases (ecoinvent or Carbon Minds)
Various Analysis Options
• Product and Corporate Carbon Footprints (CCF und PCF)
• Environmental Product Declarations (EPD)
• Life Cycle Assessement (LCA) and Life Cycle Costing (LCC)
• Cost and loss analysis (including MFCA)
Flexible Analytics of Environmental Impacts and Costs
• Vary and combine indicators of different environmental assessment methods according to your needs
• Analyze and identify hot spots supported through sankey diagram options and supply chain analysis
• Individually consider different life cycle phases, departments, and controlling areas in your analysis
• Increase your company's resource efficiency using the integrated cost and material loss analysis
Scenario Management for Validation of Improvements
• Calculate the success of your improvement measures before investing in it using scenario analysis
• Create and calculate individual scenarios tailored to your needs
• Compare different scenarios by varying parameters, production orders and data set selection
Comprehensible Result Presentation
• Present your results in an comprehensible, appealing way using integrated Sankey diagram visualization
• Export your results to Microsoft Excel and comfortably create Pivot tables
• Benefit from the new export format (JSON) to use your results in other analyzing tools such as BI solutions
Case Study Jabra
Watch the video with Albert Brønd, Sustainability Engineer at Jabra who will give insights about data analysis in the electronics industry and shares results of their Life Cycle Assessments performed with our LCA software Umberto.
How to conduct an LCA in Umberto step by step? Take advantage of our demo video to find out more about our powerful software:
- Software overview
- Step by step to an LCA
- The most important software features
- LCA automation
Umberto - recommended by experts
"At Miele, we use Life Cycyle Analyses especially when faced with fundamental decisions in product development. Miele has an excellent reputation with both customers and stakeholders, so we make sure our products are not only high in value for the customer but are also beneficial for the environment. We use Umberto in our daily business, so we can easily exchange data and material flow models with our long-time partner, the Öko-Institut (Institute for Applied Ecology)."
Marko Schnarr, Miele & Cie. KG, Germany
"CPF is the leading food company which is committed to providing sustainable food throughout the world. We have obtained 152 certificates of product carbon footprint and reduction carbon footprint. Umberto is used to derive assessments and indicators demanded by our customers and to support decision-making for improving products and processes. Umberto is a great support for our sustainability efforts!"
Kularb Kimsri, Vice President Global Standard System Centre, Charoen Pokphand Foods Pcl., Thailand
"Umberto is a great option for us to model our complex petro chemical processes. We already have compared the carbon balances of different scenarios using CO2 as a resource for ammonia production and we plan to extend the use of Umberto for the Greenhouse Gas management in our refineries."
Dr. Miguel A. Morales Mora, PEMEX Petroquimica, Mexiko
„It is my task to systematically and scientifically analyze material cycles, identify optimization potential, and present the results to our corporate clients. Umberto helps me with all these tasks. I benefit from the flexibility of the software and its features every day.“
Dr. Jörg Nispel, Fraunhofer Project Group IWKS
"Resource efficiency requires knowledge of all relevant energy and material flows. We therefore use software for our projects that enable a flexible approach. Umberto meets our standards perfectly."
Prof. Dr. Mario Schmidt, Institute for Industrial Ecology, Pforzheim University
Need more automation in your Life Cycle Assessment?
You want to automate the life cycle assessment and carbon footprints of your products and integrate LCA results into your business processes? For that purpose, we have developed a web-based sustainability software based on Umberto:
Save time and effort through automation and scaling options which allows assessments of thousands of products.
Solutions covered by Umberto
Trusted by companies of any size, in every industry
Get in touch