Analyze and optimize the environmental impact of your products according to ISO 14040. Create sustainable products, optimize the ecological footprint and improve business sustainability.
LCA Software for Life Cycle Assessment
Umberto LCA+ is one of the leading LCA software solutions for professionals and is recommended by user experts from industry, consulting, research & education.
Analyzing the environmental impact and carbon footprint of products poses a major challenge. Our solution supports you step by step and offers the following advantages for you and your company:
Keep the overview of your life cycle assessments with graphical modeling and comprehensive reporting of results.
Compliant and Reliable
Rely on the analyses with Umberto, thanks to integration of the most common LCA methods and databases.
Profound Basis for Decision-Making
Make the right decisions for your business and identify relevant hotspots of improvement through scenario analysis and integrated cost accounting.
Achieving Eco-Efficiency by Saving Resources and Costs
Create eco-efficient products by combining resource efficiency and environmental performance optimization on your way to real product sustainability.
Become a sustainability expert now
Features of Umberto LCA+
Graphical modeling of all product life cycles
Visualize your production system and other phases of the life cycle transparently with a material flow model and benefit from:
- Intuitive user interface
- Transparent illustration of process chains through clear graphic elements
- Successive development of your production system
- Hierarchical modelling through subnets
➠ Graphic modelling enables the development of a holistic understanding of processes.
Live Link to Microsoft Excel to import data
The first step to a successful LCA is the integration of existing data. Our tool offers an interface to Microsoft Excel.
- Linking Excel cell values to Umberto models
- Automatic update when cell values are changed
- Easy adaptation of relevant parameters
- Individual interface connection with SAP or other systems
A factor for success: integrated LCA databases
Data research can be very time-consuming. Save time and costs by using an integrated LCA database. Expand the upstream and downstream supply chain with relevant information using proper LCA/LCI-datasets:
- ecoinvent: this database contains over 13'300 data sets from various industries and areas. Provider is the non-profit organization ecoinvent Association from Switzerland.
- cm.chemicals: cm.chemicals is an LCA database developed specifically for chemicals and plastics and contains 1000 chemicals from up to 190 regions. Provider is CarbonMinds from Cologne, Germany.
Screening LCA for the identification of hot spots of improvement
A Screening LCA reduces the effort and complexity in data collection to achieve a first overview of the environmental impact.
- Examination of main materials of the products using ecological rucksack data
- Consideration of the "ecological rucksack" from upstream and downstream chains with global average values
➠ Identification of hot spots enables further improvement.
Calculation of the Carbon Footprint
Among the environmental impact categories analyzed in a LCA, the carbon footprint is the best known.
Optimize the climate impact of your products or your entire company and reduce CO2 emissions effectively:
- Product Carbon Footprint (PCF) according to PAS 2050, GHG Protocol or ISO 14067
- Corporate Carbon Footprint (CCF) according to GHG Protocol or ISO 14064
Environmental Assessments with integrated cost accounting
Analyze what effect the improvement of the LCA has on the cost of the product.
- Eco-efficiency by evaluating costs and environmental impacts in one model
- Enables combination of Life Cycle Assessment and Life Cycle Costing
- Traditional cost accounting and Material Flow Cost accounting available
- Assessment of resource efficiency to reduce environmental impacts at the plant site
➠ Thus, a sustainable product becomes also cost effective.
Visualization of life cycle system model
Present the results of your life cycle assessment through convincing Sankey diagrams:
- Visualization of resources, life cycle costing and environmental impact
- Appealing presentation of influencing variables and correlations
- Transparency of environmental impacts for all parties involved
➠ Sankey diagrams are an excellent decision-making basis for improving environmental performance.
Integration & Automation of Life Cycle Assessments
You want to automate the life cycle assessment and carbon footprints of your products and integrate LCA results into your business processes? For that purpose, we have developed a web-based sustainability software based on Umberto:
Roll out LCA to all your products through parameterised models, BOM integration and automated mapping with LCA data.
More information about Umberto LCA+
Life Cycle Workshop
At our Life Cycle Workshop, our LCA and sustainability experts as well as users from different industries report on their experience with our software Umberto.
Watch the exciting recordings and download the informative presentations now.
What is a life cycle assessment?
A life Cycle Assessment (LCA) according to ISO 14040/14044 is a method for calculating the environmental impact of a product over its entire life cycle.
Taking into account the entire product life cycle - from resource extraction through production and use to disposal - ensures an integrated assessment of all inputs and outputs and thus ensures that negative environmental impacts are not shifted to other life cycle phases of the product.
Trusted by companies of any size, in every industry
Get in touch