Optimize your production processes, increase your material and energy efficiency and save costs effectively.
Resource & Energy Efficiency Software
Rising raw material prices and the fight against climate change pose major challenges for companies. These challenges can only be met by improving material and energy efficiency.
Umberto is one of the leading software solutions for resource efficiency and process optimization and is recommended by experts from industry, consulting, research and education.
The graphical approach allows you to build a model of your production system successively.
Link to Microsoft Excel
Connect the model to your Excel spreadsheet to import primary data and keep it up-to-date.
The comparison of different scenarios allows the evaluation of improvement measures.
Material Flow Cost Accounting
Combine ecological with economic aspects to calculate the effects on the product (life cycle) costs.
Calculate and reduce the carbon emissions of your products to achieve carbon transparency.
Export of Results
Export all of your results e.g. to an Excel spreadsheet, including illustrative Sankey diagrams of the production model.
Become an Umberto user now
Free web presentation
You are interested in a brief introduction to our software Umberto Efficiency+?
Register now for a free web presentation and become an efficiency expert soon!
More information about Umberto Efficiency+
product information – case studies – software features
Software brochure and data sheet
Would you like to learn more about Umberto Efficiency+ and its features? Please take a look at our product brochure and detailed data sheet.
Integration & Automation
You want to automate the analysis of your production and make results available to different departments of your company? For that purpose, we have developed a holistic web-based process efficiency platform.
Learn more here how to automate and integrate your resource efficiency and process optimization analyses:
Features of our Resource Efficiency Software
Graphical modeling of production processes
With Umberto you can digitally map all energy and material flows. Sankey diagrams visualize the material flows in your production processes in a particularly clear way.
- Creating transparency of production processes and material flows
- Comprehensive understanding of the production system by all involved parties
- Linking of process knowledge with a holistic system perspective
- Resource-efficient production through process optimization with regard to environment and costs
Easy integration of existing primary data
Umberto Efficiency+ includes an interface to Microsoft Excel, in order to import existing data:
- Linking Microsoft Excel cell values with Umberto model
- Automatic update when cell values are changed
- Easy adaptation of relevant parameters such as quantities or material and energy consumption
- Possibility of an individual interface connection with SAP or other systems
Material flow cost accounting
Besides conventional cost accounting, the software also supports Material Flow Cost Accounting. The MFCA approach enables you to achieve higher material efficiency and thus save energy and costs:
- Detection of material losses in the production process
- Proportionate allocation of costs to losses of material (and possibly energy) instead of mere allocation to products
- Calculation of the savings potential, if the losses would not occur at all
How promising are the measures to increase resource efficiency? Based on scenarios, you can compare the effectiveness of planned improvements in your production system.
- Use KPIs to analyze and evaluate the current status and planned future scenarios
- Evaluation of the savings potential in order to set realistic savings targets
- Automated scenario analysis for the simultaneous calculation of several scenarios
Calculation of the Carbon Footprint
With Umberto Efficiency+ you will not only find potential for material and energy efficiency, but also for reducing CO2 emissions.
- Fast and uncomplicated calculation of the carbon footprint
- Global Warming Potential (GWP) factors available in the software
- Sankey diagram illustration shows hot spots of CO2 emissions
recommended by experts
"Umberto is the ideal tool for our analyzing tasks at the transition from energy to material efficiency. Combining material and energy flow analyses with our technical expertise and experience we detect synergies and generate savings of up to 25 % for our clients."
Matthias Voigtmann, CEO, ECA Concept, Germany
"The Umberto models I present to my clients leave a lasting impression long after I have left the room. I have been using Umberto for over 15 years."
Dr. Martin Schottler, CEO, Averem Verfahrenstechnik, Germany