Create life cycle assessments transparently
Umberto is one of the leading LCA software solutions for life cycle assessment and is recommended by experts from industry, consulting, research & education.
- Intuitive graphical modeling of your production system
- Link to Microsoft Excel for importing data
- Assessment of potential environmental impacts
- Identification of hot spots and areas of improvement
- Optimization of resource and energy efficiency
- integrated cost accounting including MFCA
- Export of all results to Microsoft Excel, including Sankey diagrams
Highlights of our LCA Software
Easy integration of existing primary data
The first step to a successful LCA is the integration of existing data. Umberto LCA+ offers an interface to Microsoft Excel.
- Linking Excel cell values to Umberto models
- Automatic update when cell values are changed
- Easy adaptation of relevant parameters such as quantities and transport information
- Possibility of an individual interface connection with SAP or other systems
A factor for success: integrated life cycle database
Data research can be very time-consuming. Save time and costs by integrated of LCA databases (LCI databases).
- Standard integration of the two market leaders ecoinvent and GaBi database(s) available
- ecoinvent database: Contains over 13'300 transparent, quality-checked data sets from various industries and areas. Provider is the non-profit association ecoinvent Association from Switzerland.
- GaBi databases: Contain over 7'000 datasets available in various sector-specific databases. The data is largely based on primary industry data. The provider is thinkstep AG from Germany.
Screening LCA for the identification of hot spots
You would like to make a rough estimate in the first step? A Screening LCA reduces the effort and the complexity in data collection to achieve a first overview of the environmental impact.
- Examination of the main materials of the products using ecological rucksack data
- Consideration of the "ecological rucksack" from the upstream and downstream chains with global average values
- identification of hot spots for further improvement
Life cycle assessment with integrated cost analysis
Convince your management by making concrete statements about which impact the measure to improve the life cycle assessment will have on the costs of the products.
- Eco-efficient decisions by evaluating costs and the environmental impacts in one model
- Enables combination of Life Cycle Assessment and Life Cycle Costing
- Creation of different scenarios
- Assessment of resource efficiency to reduce environmental impacts at the plant site
Thus a sustainable product becomes also cost effective.
Making environmental potentials clearly identifiable
Present the results of your life cycle assessment through convincing Sankey diagrams:
- Visualization of resources used, life cycle costs and environmental impacts
- Appealing presentation of all influencing variables and correlations
- Transparency of environmental impacts for all parties involved
Sankey diagrams are an excellent basis for decision-making for improving environmental performance.
Case studies with Umberto
Our software tool Umberto is recommended by leading experts from industry, consulting as well as research & education. The tool is used to determine the CO2 balance (Carbon footprint) of a product and/or to analyze its life cycle (LCA). In the case studies you will learn how BRITA and Fujitsu, among others, have successfully mastered these challenges with Umberto: ► Overview of case studies