Life Cycle Assessments - transparent & decision-relevant
Umberto is one of the leading software for life cycle assessments and is recommended by experts from industry, consulting, research & education.
- Most used LCA databases available
- Support from experienced life cycle assessment experts
- In use across industries and globally
- Favorable conditions for SMEs and new customers
- Free trial version - available for immediate download
Highlights of our LCA Software
Making environmental potentials clearly identifiable
Do you want to present the results of your LCA convincingly? Then visualize the environmental impacts of your products as Sankey diagrams.
- Visually appealing presentation of all influencing variables and correlations
- Transparency of environmental impacts for all parties involved
- Excellent decision-making basis for improving environmental performance
Tip for the trial version: Calculate one of the sample models and test the Sankey diagram visualization of environmental impacts and costs: ▶ Test it now
Life Cycle Assessments with integrated cost analysis
Convince your management by making concrete statements about which impact the measure to improve the life cycle assessment will have on the costs of the products.
- Eco-efficient decisions by evaluating costs and the environmental impacts in one model
- Enables combination of Life Cycle Assessment and Life Cycle Costing
- Creation of different scenarios
- Assessment of resource efficiency to reduce environmental impacts at the plant site
Easy integration of existing primary data
Have you already collected data for your Life Cycle Assessment in Microsoft Excel? Wonderful, then you have already created the basis.
- Linking Microsoft Excel cell values with Umberto model
- Automatic update when cell values are changed
- Easy adaptation of relevant parameters such as quantities and transport information
- Possibility of an individual interface connection with SAP or other systems
We will gladly give you a live demonstration in our web presentation: ▶ View dates
A factor for success: integrated life cycle databases
Data are the basis of a good life cycle assessment, but research is very time-consuming. Save time and nerves by integrating LCA databases (LCI databases).
- Standard integration of the two market leaders ecoinvent and GaBi database(s) possible
- ecoinvent database: Contains over 13'300 transparent, quality-checked data sets from various industries and areas. Provider is the non-profit association ecoinvent Association from Switzerland.
- GaBi databases: Contain over 7'000 datasets available in various sector-specific databases. The data is largely based on primary industry data. The provider is thinkstep AG from Germany.
Screening LCA for the identification of hot spots
You would like to make a rough estimate in the first step? With a 'Screening LCA' you reduce the effort, the complexity and the data collection for a first overview of the environmental impacts.
- Examination of the main materials of the products using ecological rucksack data
- Consideration of the "ecological rucksack" from the upstream and downstream chains with global average values
- Quick overview of where the hot spots are located, which should be looked at more closely
Request a non-binding quote now
Request your quote for Umberto LCA+ now! Soon you will be creating visual, transparent and decision-relevant Life Cycle Assessments with one of the leading software tools.
With our LCA software you can create a comprehensive analysis of the environmental impact (e.g. product carbon footprint) of your products. Such an analysis can be carried out for all types of products, buildings and services. In addition to the sustainability of your production, it also focuses on cost savings.
Case studies with Umberto
Umberto is recommended by leading experts from industry, consulting as well as research & education. The tool is used to determine the CO2 balance (Carbon footprint) of a product and/or to analyze its life cycle (LCA). In the case studies you will learn how BRITA and Fujitsu, among others, have successfully mastered these challenges with Umberto: ► Overview of case studies