Use resources efficiently and lower costs
Umberto is one of the leading software solutions for resource efficiency and is recommended by experts from industry, consulting, research and education.
- Transparency of energy and material flows
- Leading software for Material Flow Cost Accounting (MFCA)
- In use across industries and globally
- Favorable conditions for SMEs and new customers
- Free trial version - available for immediate download
Highlights of the resource efficiency software
Easy integration of existing primary data
Have you already collected data in Microsoft Excel in order to analyze the resource efficiency of your production? Wonderful, then you have already created the basis.
- Linking Microsoft Excel cell values with Umberto model
- Automatic update when cell values are changed
- Easy adaptation of relevant parameters such as quantities or material and energy consumption
- Possibility of an individual interface connection with SAP or other systems
We will gladly give you a live demonstration in our web presentation: ▶ View dates
Highlights of our software for resource efficiency
Graphical visualization of production processes
With Umberto you can digitally map all energy and material flows and keep an eye on costs at the same time. Sankey diagrams visualize the material flows in your production processes in a particularly clear way.
- Creating transparency of production processes and material flows
- Comprehensive understanding of the production system by all involved parties
- Linking of process knowledge with a holistic system perspective
- Resource-efficient production through process optimization with regard to environment and costs
Calculate the true value of material losses
With the help of integrated Material Flow Cost Accounting (MFCA), the software also shows "hidden" costs. The MFCA approach enables you to achieve higher material efficiency and thus save energy and costs.
- Detection of material losses in the production process
- Proportionate allocation of costs to losses of material (and possibly energy) instead of mere allocation to products
- Calculation of the savings potential, if the losses would not occur at all
Analyse and assess optimization measures
How promising are the measures to increase resource efficiency? Based on scenarios, you can compare the effectiveness of planned improvements in your production system.
- Use KPIs to analyze and evaluate the current status and planned future scenarios
- Evaluation of the savings potential in order to set realistic savings targets
- Automated scenario analysis for the simultaneous calculation of several scenarios
Calculation of the CO2 footprint
With Umberto Efficiency+ you will not only find potential for material and energy efficiency, but also for reducing CO2 emissions.
- Fast and uncomplicated calculation of the carbon footprint
- Sankey diagram illustration shows hot spots of CO2 emissions
- Global Warming Potential (GWP) factors available in the software
Request a non-binding quote now
Request your quote for Umberto Efficiency+ now! Soon you will be reaching your goal of resource-efficient production with the help of the leading software tool.
Application examples for the software for material and energy efficiency
Case Studies with Umberto
Umberto is used worldwide in industry, consulting, research and education. With the help of material flow models, Umberto uncovers efficiency potentials in the production process and helps to exploit them. The case studies show how companies like Arcade Engineering and BASF Switzerland, among others, have mastered this challenge with Umberto. ► Overview of case studies
Umberto Efficiency+ Software for Material and Energy Efficiency
What is energy efficiency?
By being in compliance with the energy management requirements of ISO 50001, many businesses have already reaped the benefits of their energy efficiency measures, as is evident from their financial reports. Constantly scrutinizing real-time material and energy use in your business in order to optimize the system is a crucial factor in energy efficiency management. It helps to minimize emissions of pollutants and to identify and realize every potential for further savings.
What is resource efficiency software?
Umberto Efficiency+ is a software tool that expands and facilitates efficiency management by focusing on material use associated with a product. This includes establishing a complete inventory of the entire production system including all processes involved in fabrication as well as the balancing of material flows. In other words: Umberto Efficiency+ can do much more than just visualize the measured material use. With its systematic approach and the power to visualize interdependencies, the software allows managers to easily identify potential savings.
As part of ERP, resource efficiency software is vital early on in the planning and development phases for the evaluation of potential savings. Using quantity-based Sankey diagrams, any impacts on the overall system become instantly visible. The introduction of more energy effective technologies is a good example of this. In addition, the software can balance all material and energy cost data and also include other factors such as investment costs. As a result, Umberto provides broad support for your company's goal of implementing comprehensive resource efficiency management.
Using simple building blocks, an initial analysis can be quickly performed by the resource efficiency software using already available data and therefore can, for example, easily visualize the real-time use of energy. The model is then fine-tuned step by step with additional details in order to simulate production processes and to utilize its forecasting capabilities. The range of possible modeling options reaches from easy-to-read input-output balances to the integration of functional interrelationships. With your improved systems understanding, you can now make a well-founded decision regarding a suitable analytical approach. This ensures that all relevant energy flows will be captured for analysis. The information gained will, by itself, help move a business from using basic assumptions to focusing on what's really relevant in pinpointing the most important data for energy efficiency management.Combining more conscious material and energy use with taking all resources into consideration - including work force, capacities, and costs – is the decisive factor in realizing the full range of potential savings through resource efficiency management. The ifu Hamburg team is happy to show you how to move your business from merely compiling energy data to a more resource efficient production. If you're interested in a resource efficiency analysis for your business, or if you'd like to learn more about using our material efficiency software – just get in touch and we'd be happy to support you.