Call for Applications for the 2017 LCA Award by the Life Cycle Initiative hosted by UN Environment
The Umberto Team proudly announces to support the 2017 LCA Award with temporary free licenses of Umberto for non-profit applicants from Africa, Asia, Asia-Pacific, Latin America and the Carribian.
On June 15, 2017 during the Latin American Congress on LCA "CILCA" in Medellin Colombia, Sonia Valdivia from the World Resource Forum and the supporters from PRÈ Consultants, ifu Hamburg, Thinkstep, Greendelta and ecoinvent launched the 2017 LCA Award.
Please note: Deadline for Applications extended to 13 July!
Project proposals eligible for the 2017 LCA Award
Projects aiming at the application of Life Cycle Approaches with results expected being useful for decision-making in research, government or industrial sectors.
- Submission deadline: 29 June 2017 → extended to 13 July
- Notification of selection: 11 July 2017
- Project implementation: 15 July 2017 to 15 July 2018
- Delivery of the final reports: 15 July 2018
Who can apply:
Individuals and organizations with residence in Africa, Latin America and Caribbean, and Asia. The Life Cycle Initiative supports the application phase with a Help-Desk also by connecting applicants with potential sources of information and knowledge. Free access to tools and database licenses may be offered only to not-for-profit organizations.
Evaluation criteria for the application:
- Quality: Well-defined goals and scope of the project, well-structured and realistic project plan (including resources and deliverables)
- LCA focus: Demonstrated application of Life Cycle Thinking (not only based on a single impact category but on multiple impact categories) and use of Life Cycle approaches (such as environmental LCA, social LCA, eco-design, environmental claims, local LCA database, among others)
- Impact: Expected results to be useful for decision-making towards improved sustainability (resources saved, resource efficiency improved, social or economic benefits gained, etc.)
- Capacity: Knowledge and experience of the project team
- Sustainability: In-kind contribution and/or co-funding to support project implementation
How to apply:
Applicants should submit their proposal in the application form (Word doc) along with a CV of the applicant to the Help-Desk for the 2017 LCA Awards at Federation of Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI), New Delhi, at: email@example.com
If you would like to search the available datasets in LCI Databases before making your decision you can do so under GaBi databases in Umberto and via a free guest registration on the ecoinvent website.