The No. 1 tool for creating Sankey diagrams
e!Sankey is used by more than 10,000 users in over 90 countries to visualize material, energy & cash flows by creating appealing Sankey diagrams and flow charts. Test e!Sankey 4 free-of-charge with the 14-day trial version.
e!Sankey - show the flow.
The Sankey diagram software e!Sankey lets you create Sankey diagrams quickly and easily. No matter whether you wish to create a:
- energy flow diagram
- material flow diagram
- cost flow diagram
- supply chain / process flow diagram
Use e!Sankey to create convincing visualizations for your presentations, reports and publications and link them to your Microsoft Excel files.
A Sankey diagram immediately draws the attention to the most important flows. They are gaining increasing importance in energy management, facility management, process engineering and in the area of resource efficient manufacturing.
Benefits of the software e!Sankey
e!Sankey is the standard tool for professionals. Using our software you can easily generate diagrams with high complexity and accuracy. The software provides considerable advantages:
- Free drawing regardless of directions
- Live Link to Microsoft Excel
- Balance checks to show inconsistencies
- Organized management of entries (e.g. materials or energies)
- Local storage of files & diagrams (e.g. within the secure company network)
- reliable & professional support
- No follow-up costs
Areas of Application
e!Sankey can be used to create Sankey diagrams in the following areas of application:
- energy flow (energy balance), energy efficiency
- energy management & energy audit
- heat transfer, heat loss, heat balance
- material flow, e.g. within a production system
- resource efficiency, waste, water/wastewater
- logistics, transport of goods, supply chain analysis
- value stream, cost allocation, visualization of cost flows and added value
- weighted mass flows (i.e. greenhouse gas emissions, concentrations in exhaust gas stream)
"I am really delighted with the program ... I've been able to produce diagrams that I've wanted to have for years."
Automation and integration of Sankey diagrams: e!Sankey SDK
Using the e!Sankey Software Development Kit (SDK) software developers can automate the creation of Sankey diagrams and integrate them into their own solution. Suppliers of energy management software and web solution providers benefit from this package to include appealing Sankey diagram visualizations into their own product.
What are Sankey diagrams?
Sankey diagrams are a specific type of flow diagram. They are used to visualize material streams or energy flows.
They are used, for example, in energy management, facility management, chemical or process engineering. Sankey diagrams are a good alternative to bar charts or pie charts, if you wish to show flow quantities.
In Sankey diagrams the width of the arrows are proportional to the flow quantity it represents. So, attention is drawn immediately to the most important flows in the process system.
Who is Mr. Sankey?
Sankey diagrams are named after Captain Matthew Henry Phineas Riall Sankey, an Irish engineer, who was working on energy efficiency of steam engines. He published the first energy flow diagram of this kind in 1898.
Software for Sankey diagrams
The software e!Sankey is designed to create appealing Sankey diagrams. With more than 10,000 licenses being used in more than 90 countries, it is the most widely used Sankey diagram software in the world.