Increase your productivity by resource efficiency
Resource efficiency requires integrating a wide range of factors, but, depending on the industry, material and energy efficiency are still the commonly predominant issues. According to research by the Fraunhofer Institute, an average reduction of 14 percent in energy and 6 percent in materials used could be realized in manufacturing industries.
We can help you identify potential savings and achieve greater resource efficiency in your business.
Benefit from our many years of expertise in resource efficiency consulting.
Your advantage through reliable consulting
With more resource efficient production you can:
- strengthen your company's sustainability
- increase profit
- create job security
- improve your corporate image
Get started with a resource efficiency analysis now and let the facts guide you toward the right decisions.
Resource efficiency analysis: many gains at low cost.
- better product design
- smarter production processes
- decreased costs
- material, energy, and process cost identification
- detailed knowledge of each process
- visualization of resource demand
- evaluation of the impact on the entire system following efficiency improvements
Our know-how is your gain
- Integrated approach: take a closer look at your entire production process including material flow analysis and material flow cost analysis, energy management, flow simulations, and heat recovery.
- Best practice examples: find out from our consultants about the latest technologies that are just right for your industry.
Systematic process analysis: create a solid data base for future decision-making.
- Data integration: integrate your available data into a systems model for easier evaluation of your efficiency potential.
- Training: Whether in-house, at our Hamburg offices, or online - learn all about the methodology of process modeling, resource efficiency analysis, and MCFA as well as their practical applications using Umberto Efficiency+ software. More about training options
Would you like to learn more about our consulting services on energy and resource efficiency?
How we can support you
Take advantage of our vast resource efficiency know-how and experience gained through finding production solutions for many business sectors, among them the chemical industry
Our goal is to help you develop the necessary know-how so you, too, can improve resource efficiency. We offer integrated support from workshops and training to consulting services and customized software modules – all tailored to your individual needs. Why not reach your goals more easily and much faster?
Sustainability workshop to identify potential savings
In a workshop at your place of business, we will jointly analyze the effects of resource efficiency within your operation and what role material and energy efficiency can play in realizing your potential savings.
Further information about material & energy efficiency
Continued worldwide population growth is resulting in a global increase in demand for products and thus for resources. In order to leave behind a livable planet for future generations despite these demands, the sustainable use of resources is imperative
ifu Hamburg GmbH aims to be a trailblazer and supporter of resource efficiency. In order to reach this goal, we are continuously looking for new, innovative ideas and partners for our consulting services. We can now utilize many techniques to successfully integrate resource efficiency with new and existing economic processes. The following approaches, presented by VDI, showcase two of them:
Good advice saves resources
Perfect material recycling for aluminum
In an effort to decrease the environmental impacts due to aluminum mining and production, Germany‘s Federal Environmental Agency (Umweltbundesamt) is subsidizing several research projects, among them aluminum recycling.
Hydro Aluminium Recycling Deutschland GmbH has devised a process in which an innovative shredding machine combined with a downstream sorting system is able to correctly separate aluminum pieces of different alloys. This allows the recycling process to produce the same high-quality aluminum as the primary resource provides.
Through our involvement in a wide variety of projects we have gained broad experience in the metal industry. Our well-versed technical experts and their know-how can help you identify potential savings and then derive suitable measures for energy and material efficiency.
(Video source: VDI Zentrum Ressourceneffizienz)