Sustainability and responsibilty
Sustainability is not only our business, but the foundation of everything we do.
Day by day, it is our endeavour to stick to our guidelines and to improve them. Also, in the area of environmental awareness, we try to get better everyday.
Networking and responsibility
We participate in numerous networks and business associations that share our goal of transition to a sustainable economy. We are naturally delighted to win awards that reward our efforts. But our main motivation is our firm belief in taking responsibility for all environmental and social issues.
- Innovation Foundation Hamburg: Funding (1997-2000 and 2007-2009)
- TOP JOB: 2009 TOP JOB seal of best employers in SMEs
- ENVIRONMENTAL PARTNERSHIP Hamburg: Member of the Hamburg Environmental Partnership since 2007
- ÖKOPROFIT Hamburg: 2006/2007 award for successful participation in ÖKOPROFIT in Hamburg
- ETHICS IN BUSINESS: 2005 ETHICS IN BUSINESS award for outstanding ethical conduct in the environmental and social areas
Sponsor of EnviroInfo2009 (www.enviroinfo2009.org International Conference on Informatics and Industrial Environmental Protection)
Ifu Hamburg GmbH is a member of associations and business organizations that promote sustainable economic development goals:
- future Umweltinitiative von Unternehme(r)n
Our staff is actively involved in the following networks and groups:
- ISO TC207/WG 8 Material Flow Cost Accounting (ISO 14051)
- International Society of Industrial Ecology (ISIE)
- Deutsches Netzwerk Lebenszyklusdaten
- Gesellschaft für Informatik Fachausschuß 4.6: Informatik im Umweltschutz
- UNEP/SETAC Life Cycle Initative, Task Force II
- COST Action 530
Our Environmental Policy
- The protection and conservation of natural resources is a priority for our company.
- Environmental conservation is a fixed element in our work processes.
- Our software development and services always consider the environment. Whenever recognized and wherever economically feasible, we proactively address environmental impacts.
- Through economically viable use of the best available techniques and methods, we achieve continuous improvement in our environmental protection measures.
- We treat resources such as water, raw materials and energy with care.
- We try to avoid – or reduce to a minimum – environmental damage through carbon emissions, water and soil pollution.
- We strive to recycle our materials and equipment. We use and recommend environmentally friendly materials.
- We regularly collect data to measure our impact on the environment. We see compliance with applicable environmental laws as only a minimum requirement.
- We regularly set goals and review the effectiveness of our measures through internal audits.
- We expect the same environmental standards that we set for ourselves from our partners, suppliers and service providers.
- In everything we do, we look for a sensible balance between economic need and environmental improvement through best use of technology.